We practice responsible farming throughout our operations.
We hold ourselves accountable to the adherence to safe practice and abide by the following standards:
- Laws on housing, salmonella control, feed ingredients (no antibiotics) and ensure that all actions are taken where necessary.
- Sows must be allowed to roam from the time they are weaned until entry into the farrowing house.
- No feed containing meat or bone meal can be used in the pig’s diet.
- Documentation concerning feed composition as well as production conditions are required, and we maintain rigid record-keeping practices.
- External control and documentation of health and use of medicine is required, and this forms part of our rigorous record-keeping and standards processes.
- No castration of boars. We do not castrate any boars on our farms.